Sunday, November 26, 2006

Have Pride In The Blessing You Are

We’re all looking to manifest and shape better lives for ourselves and, in doing that, we sometimes have to stop to redefine entire thought processes.

For instance, Phil Benichau at Phil for Humanity recently wrote that he’s
Proud to be Proud
, ending his post by saying, “I just hope I am not too proud.”

It’s often a mental wrestle to make the distinction between having just the right amount of pride and being excessively boastful. We’ve been taught that pride is one of the deadly sins and pride comes before the fall. At the same time, we’re told to take pride in ourselves and to be proud of our accomplishments.

Actually, pride is ok, if it’s properly tempered. When I write something that comes out particularly well, it pleases me so much that it does evoke a certain amount of pride. The feeling, however, must be mixed with gratitude that the ability to put words together is a talent given to me probably before birth. In reality, I can’t claim title to this talent, but it pleases me to the point of pride that I was blessed to be a custodian of it.

Which brings me to Lyman Reed’s I Am That at Creating a Better Life. Lyman was discussing David Cameron’s book, “A Happy Pocket Full of Money” and the subjective reality phrase “I am that” from the book.

To a great degree, the way we perceive the world outside of ourselves guides us in manifesting what we are. Lyman made the observation that, “Simply saying (or thinking) the phrase ‘I am that’ allows our subconscious minds to acknowledge that we have created what is going on.”

We have and should acknowledge power and responsibility for the way things are in our lives, but we also need to realize the Universe gives us that power and responsibility.

It all goes together, really. I manifest that I’m a writer. The Universe allows me to have pride in that, as long as I don’t forget the Universe can always make changes.

Yes, I’m proud to be proud; I am that.

No comments: